Why Me ... ? (Off Topic)

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I'm getting seriously annoyed with this.

I knew I was going to have a heavy labor-intensive week at work this past week, so I scheduled Monday (the 8th) as a day off. That's good, but I'm sick. Again. All the vacation days I took this year, excepting a week-long trip to Houston, I've been sick for. This time, it's an ear infection.

Grrr.

I wonder if I can reschedule Monday as a sick day ....

hmm. So sorry. ENT infections can be extremely painful.

Clearly, we are all the playthings of fate. :???:

get well soon.:smile:

I work with a corporation, so I don't file my time till I get back. Suzy has to file hee days off in advance and that just sucks. I have a bus buddy who got sick for one day and got called to the carpet because of it. WTH? It would seem the less you make the easier you are to replace AND jerk around.

First, double ear infection confirmed. Throat was starting to get infected, too. Z Pack to the rescue.

At my job, I'm supposed to schedule vacation and personal days a week in advance. However, I've had some exceptions to the "personal days" rule and I've not been challenged on it. Sick days? Well, when I take one, I'm either sick enough to go to the doctor, so I do have a paper trail or when I come back I still look like I've had some dread disease, so my boss has been pretty OK with it. Of course, it also helps that I've only been late two days in the past 10 years (with one late day caused by President George W. clogging traffic) and I don't abuse the sick/personal days.

Back
Top Bottom