Wood or Metal Clarinet Article

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Although the prediction that metal clarinets would become de rigueur proved to be false, this is an interesting read. Note, it was written in The Melody Maker in the late 1920's by a well known clarinet player, Ralph Dunbar.

1671206465233.png

Last edited:
One of my favorite clarinets was metal. Two of my other favorite metal clarinets are the ones Gandalfe owns.

My little sister had a metal clarinet. It sounded very clarinet-ish which surprised me at the time (we were both quite young then).

I was silver color, so I suspect brass with a silver plate, but I could be mistaken. It was a very long time ago.

Notes ♫

I sold the lovely Albert metal clarinet to an avid user. I only that the Selmer Paris one left and I haven't touched it in years.
Speaking of metal albert clarinets, there are current ones (and boehm) made by Martin Foag.

And if you keep digging, you find the contra-alto with cable keywork. Metal bodied, naturlich.

I sold the lovely Albert metal clarinet to an avid user. I only that the Selmer Paris one left and I haven't touched it in years.
If you send it to me, I'll ...

1. Pay for shipping.
2. Play it daily.
3. Actually publish another instrument article.

Back
Top Bottom