WWBW Order

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Only one box of reeds. One month anniversary of placing the order. Wonder how many anniversaries this order will have before its completion... :(

Last time I ordered from them, it took 3 & 1/2 months (With 5 reminders via phone) to get a box of Vandoren reeds and one Fibracell Tenor reed.

Didn't get a "we're sorry", discount on next purchase, nada.

I wasn't too happy to say the least.

I only placed the order to get a free box of reeds with purchase of a competing brand of reeds. I don't really use either brand, but for the price, I figure I can wait. Then I can tell EVERYONE about how slow they are and send them to Simon, and his uncle Fred.

Has anyone tried ordering from Musician's Friend instead of WWBW? I know it is theoretically the "same" company, but I have always had good service from them. Throw in the bonus of free shipping on any size order.

I need some new Fibracells, and now that Weiner has dropped the line, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Has anyone tried ordering from Musician's Friend instead of WWBW? I know it is theoretically the "same" company, but I have always had good service from them. Throw in the bonus of free shipping on any size order.

I have had some problems with them in the past as well, but it was due to the fact that they were moving physical locations at the time. Since then the service has been OK.

So, what's a good online location to get accessories? I think the one reason why folks patronize WWBW and similar is because of the large selection. Hey, I might be able to buy bari sax reeds through (say) Saxquest.com, but I'd have to go someplace else for bass clarinet reeds, oboe reeds. Etc.

As another example, I generally do 90% of my computer accessory shopping at one place: newegg.com. I do this because a) they're either the cheapest or are very competitive b) they'll probably have what I want, even if it's esoteric and c) they've got fast, good service. Heck, they even let folks rate products AND negative posts are generally responded to by the manufacturer of the doohicky. Wouldn't you be impressed if you wrote to say that (say) Sigurd Rascher mouthpieces are junk and a Sigurd Rascher rep wrote back and said he'd get it fixed for you?

I love Newegg. My very slick Acer 22" monitor, as well as a whole slew of other techie stuff came from there. I swear they have a transporter beam - most stuff shows up in 2 days. Some online music retailers could take a lesson from them.

I am bummed about the limited choices to buy Fibracells online. I also miss those days when Ed would deliver them to my house via bicycle. Now that was customer service!

It all comes from the same warehouse (here in Kansas City, and it's enormous), handled by the same people. I think they do a good job of getting the orders out promptly -- unless, of course, the item is out of stock. And based on my experience, that happens a lot less often than it used to.

I have good luck with them...they even discounted a mp I bought on sale after I was going to return it for a poor facing, making worth me keeping it and having it refaced.
I've found that what few little screw ups occur in general, they are a good deal.

Just got an email saying my order has shipped.

tic toc tic toc...

(not holding my breath)

WWBW

I ordered a Kooiman Maestro thumbrest from WWBW a few months back and had within a few days.

Over the past 9 years I've bought 4 or 5 horns (depending on whether you consider a euphonium a horn or not), any number of mouthpieces, lots of accessories and pretty nearly all my reeds and from them with nary a problem.

Maybe I'm just super-lucky but, judging from the rest of my life, that seems highly improbable.

Hey all,

I work over at WWBW. Thanks to those of you who posted about the great experiences you had, and sorry to those of you that had a problem come up. If you have any additional details regarding your issue, I'd love to hear from you. I'd like to see what we can do to make it up to you.

@Carl,
I just shot you a message. I'd like to see what's going on and make sure everything is in order.

Sincerely,
Chris Baker

... Y'know, I was going to post, "I just noticed a guy from WWBW has joined. Maybe he'll help out."

I love it when a plan comes together.

Yup, he sent me a message and seems like a good egg.

Back
Top Bottom