Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Yanagisawa Soprano model

Hi everyone,

I ran into this site a few days ago while searching the web for a way to identify my sax. A lot of good knowledge here compared to anywhere else I found.

The only thing I was able to find was a site with some serial numbers that show the creation date. My serial is 00198176, which according to the site, means this was built in 1995-1996, and that date seems about right.

So here are the pictures I took. Hopefully I got everything needed, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

There a few more pics in my album on this site and here http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/Farkshop/Yanagisawa SC/
if needed

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 352
Could be a SC-990 or the SC-900. Need some additional photos to be sure.

The Mark VI style table keys rule out the 901/902 and 991/992 series which have modern table keys.

The engraving on the bell makes me think it is a SC-990 but I could be wrong. Let's be honest, you don't see a lot of Yani curved sopranos even though they are very nice horns.

Judging by your photos I have the exact same soprano! When I bought it I was told it is a sc901 made in 1995. The serial number on my horn is [HASHTAG]#00199966[/HASHTAG] with Japan stamped under the number

Beautiful shots.

I am in the middle of moving all my data to a new computer and will surely come across my vintage Yani catalogs in the next day or two. I will double check if I have anything that might help you.

I will be adding them soon to the Vintage Yanigisawa gallery.

Back
Top Bottom