Yani 901 pad replacement.

Hi everyone!
I want to do a repad on my saxophone but I can't find any pad set for my specific model horn (901 alto). The closest thing I found is a set from MusicMedic.com but it says it will fit a 990. Will the pads fit my cups? Or is it too risky?

If that is not a solution, how do I measure the size of the cups to place an order (do I have to take the old pads out and measure the inside of the cup or just the outside?)

Thanks.

That's a designation for the 9** series, all of the 9** Altos have the same pad sizes, AFAIK, since the body tubes (and tone holes)
are the same. The 991 and 992 etc. are ribbed, the 901 & 902 are post on body.

There may be some extra bracing on the bell keys, as on the Tenor and Bari as well, but - same body tube.

I would call and enquire to be sure.

I hate to be "that guy", but if you have to ask what you should do in this case, I'd recommend you not repad a professional saxophone on your own.

I hate to be "that guy", but if you have to ask what you should do in this case, I'd recommend you not repad a professional saxophone on your own.
Yes I know. But you have to start somewhere, right? I do have another saxophone with good pads, but I really want to learn how to do certain things on my own and not to be dependent on others. In the worst case scenario I will go to a professional, otherwise I want to learn how to do basic maintenance and repairs on my saxophones.

Back
Top Bottom