Search results

1. Semiconductor

"Vox" Beaugnier

So what do people think of Beaugnier saxes? I've got one here labeled "Vox", but it looks like a stencil. It has right side bell keys so not ancient, but in pretty rough shape. Would you let your daughter date one, or somebody who had one?
  2. Semiconductor

Could use some help - Please

Jim, where the heck did you find a clarinet with a throat A that flat? Have you tried cleaning out the A and/or Ab toneholes with a Q-tip and checking the key heights? You should get it looked at, you're having to work too hard.
  3. Semiconductor

Conn "Transitional" Horns on ONE Page!

You could have pictures of mine. One of the butt-ugliest horns I have ever seen: 1932, scabrous lacquer, no engraving whatsoever other than a faint and matter-of-fact "Made by C.G. Conn" that could have come off a typewriter. Presumably it was buffed half to death at some point, maybe they just...
  4. Semiconductor

Cutting music funding?? (Minnesota)

Whether it speaks well of our educational system, this is true. Everything comes at a cost, and this one isn't so bad - except when so many directors channel their inner jock and see music as a competition first and an art second.
  5. Semiconductor

Funky Vito alto

Thanks for the usefulness! Maybe I can squeeze out some more photos when I get done. There is an extra key there, not sure yet what it does. I'll post it once I find out. I hope I can get the thing adjusted properly - it may take extra time...
  6. Semiconductor

Funky Vito alto

Photos of a rather unusual (presumably Leblanc) Vito, with a combination of left-hand bell keys, some diagonal rods, and double rods on both upper and lower stack. Any more information out there, especially date of manufacture? I'd like to give the client some information on it. I hope...
  7. Semiconductor

Repost on the Selmer eefer

Hello, all! I'm looking for an ID and information on this Selmer Eb clarinet. Here's the details: The owner is a broke HS program (is there another kind?) I was told it's a Series 9, but the serial number is X7xxx, so after the introduction of the Series 10. However, unlike Bb Series 9/10s...
  8. Semiconductor

Selmer Series 9 Eb clarinet

Long delayed photos, if I attached them properly... Any yes, I am a slob. And yes, my bench is a mess. I think I am the model for "Pigpen" from Peanuts.
  9. Semiconductor

V12's - All I Can Say is WOW!

Love the V12s, played them pretty much exclusively from the last year of college until (dirty little secret) switched to Legere about 5 years ago. Love those, too.
  10. Semiconductor

Amendment to the above I was told it was Series 9, but: Serial # prefix is too late for a 9, so presumably a Series 10, BUT: does not say so anywhere. There's not much room below the Selmer logo, but surely there'd be some mark on it somewhere?
  11. Semiconductor

Two questions to the assembled: 1. What do you think a playing condition eefer is worth? 2. Do the Series 9s have a rep for flat throat tones? I'm trying to figure out why they are (I suspect the thumb tube, the problems start at F#). Thanks!
  12. Semiconductor

Does your band take a register?

I direct a community band, though we're only two years old so our process is constantly in flux. We don't take roll, but we try to roughly keep track of absences. I would say that 80% might be a little hard, but a good number to shoot for. On the other hand, several of our sections don't have...
  13. Semiconductor

Martin Busine clarinet?

Anybody ever heard of this brand? This particular horn is hard rubber with a metal lined upper joint. I'm going to give it a repad/overhaul and see what it's like, though I doubt it'll amount to much.
  14. Semiconductor

WF New People Introductions

I suppose I should clarify: we is all kind of nuts, each of us just in our own special way.
  15. Semiconductor

I just got me one of these!!!

How to identify a contra-based April Fools joke It involves someone getting paid to play the thing.
  16. Semiconductor

WF New People Introductions

Howdy, all. I'm a clarinetist and HS band director by training. Just to show how these things go, Bb is out the window due to hand problems (I'm playing bass and contra nowadays), and burned out on teaching school so now I just direct a community band. I'm also training in the Ninja art of...
  17. Semiconductor

What's your ContraBass mouthpiece ?

I have a low C Leblanc paperclip. I've used a Grabner and the stock mpc, both with Legere reeds, but neither is fully satisfactory. I like the sound of the Grabner, but it takes so much air I have trouble with long notes. The stock doesn't take nearly asmuch air, but I'm not 100% fond of the...
  18. Semiconductor

Pads for old Conn C Melody sax

I took one of the pads apart. It's leather over felt and cardboard (as usual), plus a metal ring around the rim of the pad. Rather than a resonator, there is a single wide stitch (maybe 1/4") of thick white thread to hold the center of the pad.
  19. Semiconductor

Pads for old Conn C Melody sax

I have a 1921 (based on the serial #) Conn C Melody that I'd like to refurbish. I'm not sure how many owners it has had, though my brother bought in a pawn shop about 20 years ago and it has sat in storage ever since. The current pads are disintegrating, but they seem to be white kid with...
  20. Semiconductor

Paperclip Leblanc Contrabass Clarinet low D

I'm looking for a BBb If it's still for sale.
Back
Top Bottom