Search results

1. SuzyJo

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  2. SuzyJo

What's your Oboe setup?

I've been trying to learn on a Fox Renard oboe after struggling with a Selmer Signet. The Fox is a much easier instrument to learn on. I refuse to make my own reeds though.
  3. SuzyJo

Bass Sax soft case

My clarinet mobile is over 11 years old but only has just over 40,000 miles. Gandalfe thinks it has at least another ten years in it:
  4. SuzyJo

What are you practicing today?

The Dirty Blues from an Aebersold book.
  5. SuzyJo

Need a part

Thank-you so much for doing this. The part is way more interesting than the part I had and I will be able to buff up the flutes and oboe where needed. Thanks again.
  6. SuzyJo

Need a part

No, don't go to that much trouble. We have the score for our band, I just didn't want to have to transcribe the score. Thanks for your idea though.
  7. SuzyJo

Need a part

Does anyone have access to a copy of the Eb soprano clarinet part for "English Folk Song Suite" that I could get a copy of? We are missing it in our our community band library. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  8. SuzyJo

Orange Peels Revive Wood Clarinets?

I'm not sure if the orange peel would tarnish the silver keys. But that worries me so I probably won't be testing the theory on my instruments.
  9. SuzyJo

Neck/Mouthpiece

At sax lessons this afternoon a younger lady, actually a Microsoft employee, and I struck up a conversation. As she pulled out her sax I tried to see what it was but I didn't recognize it other than to say it was probably a $200 (new) sax. She couldn't get it to play and I asked her how long...
  10. SuzyJo

Bb Soprano Clarinet

I draw the line at owning/playing Eb, C, Bb, A soprano, alto, and bass clarinets. My hubby has a contrabass clarinet (Leblanc paperclip) that should be fun to play, but I probably wouldn't have bought it.
  11. SuzyJo

Eefer Madness!

Lebanc Concerto II, Vandoren B44, Optimum silver lig, Rigotti gold 3.5 reed. It seems to have better intonation than the flute parts that I usually double. 8-)
  12. SuzyJo

What is your tenor setup?

Selmer Ref 54 Kookaburra, Meyer G, Vandoren Java 3 reed
  13. SuzyJo

What is your alto setup?

Selmer Ref 54 Kookaburra, Meyer G, Vandoren Java 3 reed
  14. SuzyJo

What is your Clarinet setup ?

Leblanc Paris Symphonie VII, Vandoren 45dot, Vandoren V16 3.5 (Bb and A) Leblanc Paris C Backup: Leblanc Paris Opus II, Vandoren 45dot, Vandoren V16 3.6
  15. SuzyJo

WF New People Introductions

Re: WF New People Introductions ('08) Helen, you do know that your bass sax story spurred my husband (Gandalfe) to buy one (Buescher) and then another (Eppelsheim) bass sax don't you! :shock: Welcome to the Woodwind Forum.
  16. SuzyJo

WF New People Introductions ('08) I thought it might be nice to have a thread for all the new people who join this forum. Me, I played clarinet throughout high school, took a break and then four years ago started up on the soprano clarinet again. Since then I have added saxophone. I have played...
  17. SuzyJo

Re: The Official Unofficial Get to Know the Staff Thread! Hi Mike. Slumming this morning? ;)
  18. SuzyJo

Subbing at the Second Story Rep

This Fall I got the opportunity to sub for the first book of 'A Chorus Line'. Talk about a stressor. The instruments were only alto sax and clarinet as some parts had been transposed. But I think that I'll stick to either doing the show or not. Subbing doesn't give you any time to come up to...
  19. SuzyJo

Great Sight-reading Resource

Got this from my hubby: CSO clarinet audition materials: http://test.woodwind.org/clarinet/BBoard/read.html?f=1&i=261852&t=261852 Enjoy.
Back
Top Bottom