Search results

1. Advice on buying used altsax..

I've made contact with the guy who has the YAS-275. If the horn is in good shape I will buy it. Thanks for the advice :-)
  2. Saxophone through electric guitar amp?

Exactly. Since I'll mainly play at home with headphones I don't need a big amp. If possible I would monitor with headphones directly into the DigiTech Vocal 300 (or other device), but I guess it doesn't work like that..? Can you explain the setup? Did you use a XLR-1/4 transformer? I'm not...
  3. Saxophone through electric guitar amp?

Thanks for the advice. Using my electric guitar amp is apparently not a good idea. So getting a keyboard amp with XLR connection and a mic would be a better alternative. Do keyboard amps have effects built in like many electric guitar amps have (reverb, delay...)? Do I need a combo-like amp or...
  4. Advice on buying used altsax..

Thanks for the advice. It's too bad that the Yamahas are the first to go so I have to keep my eyes open :-)
  5. Advice on buying used altsax..

Unfortunately the YAS-25 has been sold. There's a Chäteau VCH-221L ALT for $360. Somewhere I read that they where okay student models. Other than that there is a Conn 20M for about $410 and a Yamaha YAS-25 and YAS-275 for $520 and $630, but I'm not sure I would pay that much for my first Saxophone.
  6. Saxophone through electric guitar amp?

I have a guitar amp for my electric guitar so for me the easiest/cheapest way would be to use that instead of buying new equipment (other than the microphone). I'm not familiar with the contact transducer, but just to get the basics right. Could I connect it via "line in" and use the amp effects...
  7. Advice on buying used altsax..

I'm from Denmark. I want to learn either clarinet or saxophone and right now I'm researching what to buy, preferable used and in good condition. The price range I'm mostly interested in is somewhere between 1000 og 2000 kr. (200-400 dollars). I stumpled upon a used Yamaha Yas-25 for 1100 kr...
  8. Saxophone through electric guitar amp?

Somewhere on youtube I heard someone say that it's possible to use a normal electric guitar amp with a sax. If so, how would the setup be? :-)
  9. Transposition question..

Thanks! ;-)
  10. Transposition question..

Thanks for the answers. That makes sense :-) I guess what I wanted to know was if it's important which type of clarinet or sax I should choose other than my own preference. But as you explained I can pick any type up and play the same finger positions on them, especially when I only play by...
  11. Transposition question..

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before :-) I would like to play the clarinet and maybe other woodwind instruments later. It's purely for fun and I'm not going to play with others. I'm not set on any particular genre either - I just want to see where the musik takes me...
Back
Top Bottom