Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. How can I clean a filthy old sax?

Here it is. It's brass with old lacquer that got dark. I can't seem to get the photo to upload. I'll keep working on it.
  2. How can I clean a filthy old sax?

I'll give it my best shot.
  3. How can I clean a filthy old sax?

Lyon & Healy with beveled tone holes, I think it's a Corturier, Indiana stencil. I know it's a stencil, because they didn't make their own. It has the clown face engraving on the bell, soldered and beveled tone holes. The pads are in great shape, but whoever put them on didn't clean the horn...
  4. How can I clean a filthy old sax?

Thank you for your advice. You're probably right. I'm guessing the smell is in both the pads AND the brown goo. It is probably worth restoring. It's not a valuable collector's piece, by any means, but I got it cheap, and it's probably worth the purchase price plus the repair costs to make it...
  5. How can I clean a filthy old sax?

I just bought a 90-year old sax, pads are in pretty good shape, but it's grubby. Brown, fossilized goo inside the toneholes, and the whole thing stinks. Is there a way to clean it without taking all of the keys off? Does anybody have experience with this kind of thing, or pointers? I'm not...
  6. WF New People Introductions

Oy, I'm a saxophonist, bassoonist, tubist, and a piper. The pipes were last, so I'll never be REALLY good, but I make more money piping than anything. Unique instrument! No dynamics, no attacks, no embouchure, 9 notes, everything's slurred, and you have 4 notes to tune just to be in tune with...
  7. Mystery key on my Siegfried Wolfram Migma

Thanks! Tried it and it did exactly what you said it did. I appreciate the info immensely. Danke schön.
  8. Mystery key on my Siegfried Wolfram Migma

Hello, everyone, Long-time reader, first-time poster. Got a question I haven't been able to find an answer to and I'd bet my right arm one of you will know. There's a key right in front of the topmost RH inline keys on my newly-acquired Migma tenor, and I don't know what the heck it's for...
Back
Top Bottom