Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. Can you ID this Noblet?

Yes indeed, that is a model 45 sure enough. The year I do not know, I don't have my serial number lists handy. I personally have and toot on a model 45 "Artist". They are supposedly made from "specially aged wood". You can take that for what it's worth. I had mine completely gone through...
  2. Does anyone recognize this instrument?

Just what is this horn? http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=18752305
  3. Interesting find

Wow! They sold for $352.00 I guess that they were more valuable than I thought.
  4. Interesting find

I apologise if I gave the impression that your opinion is not greatly respected here. I was referring to your very short,"I'd make certain of return privileges if they turn out (despite the posting) to be high pitch horns. And, watch out for cracks - one piece body wood instruments are more...
  5. Interesting find

SOTSDO - Come on now. They are a charitable organization that sell donated items on line for a very good cause. Give them a break! Pete - Thank you for your action on that error of mine. You are right about that crystal mouthpiece, especially if it turns out to be an old Selmer and not a...
  6. Interesting find

This might be interesting to someone. These are marked as Paris Buffets. There is one bell and one barrel missing, both easy fixes. It is a little hard to see all of the details here, but one appears to be full Boehm(?) and both appear to be one piece bodies. I would expect the price to be more...
  7. Impulse buy - help!

Let me know if you need a couple more Albert system clarinets. I have a matched pair (A and Bb) in less than optimum condition, but certainly restorable. I was going to restore them, but don't really have the time. By the by, Woody Allen payed an Albert and did quite well with it. They are...
  8. Xaphoon aka the bamboo sax

Does the chalumeau have the same fingering as a penny whistle?
  9. Xaphoon aka the bamboo sax

Actually I was thinking about kids and how to make and keep them interested in music. So their tone is miserable, so what? If I can get my grandkids to play an instrument, any instrument, and they have fun at it and don't view it as punishment or a task that they do because Mom says that I have...
  10. Xaphoon aka the bamboo sax

I just ordered one last night. It is inexpensive, something that I really like, and unusual to say the least. I kind of like that too. I got one pitched in C. They are pretty limited in range with only two full chromatic octaves going up from middle C. I believe the secret to making it sound...
  11. Going on a cruise gig!

Have you ever been on a cruise? I went on one and it is the last time for me. You might have more luck with it however. You will at least have something to do. I neither drink nor gamble so that eliminated 95+% of the entertainment available on that ship. The food was mediocre and the music was...
  12. Tell me the truth about saxophones

I am a newbie and am learning how to play the Bb clarinet. Yes, it's going pretty well, thank you. My Brother wants to learn a new instrument and is seriously considering a saxophone, but which kind? No, not brands, types. He plays the electric bass guitar now. His questions are: 1. Are any of...
  13. Acronym and Abbreviation Madness

ACRONYM -Alpha Numeric Character Not Yet Meaningful. I was told that that is from an official U.S. government publication translating acronyms and abreviations, but I cannot confirm that.
  14. Culture Shock

I believe that my wife can help you with some of this. She is a native Russian speaker. Ypu can E-Mail her through me. Just P.M. me here and I'll get you connected to her.
  15. What do these symbols mean?

I was trying to get a shot of a clarinet that has some symbols that look to me like b then a sharp and then a natural. What are the makers trying to say here? This is on a Cabart clarinet and probably dates way way back, maybe to the thirties? I can't seem to get that image to transfer for me...
  16. Never Let Your Mind Wander

It is sometimes difficult to maintain ones concentration, especially when doing the more mundane things. But please take a bit of advice. Do not let your mind wander when doing something like oiling up some keys and such while finishing up a very nice "N" Noblet model 45. Should you do, you...
  17. Musicalclarinet

Primeramente, por favor desculpe mi Espa~ol. No es mi primera idioma. tambien mis keynoard no tiene las leteras correctas para escribir en Espa~ol. Pero, yo quiero decir gracias para su web page. Necesitamos mas paginas como este. Possiblemente puede ayudarme que aprender Espa~ol.
  18. In need of a "B" key for a model 45 Noblet + a couple of small pieces

I could certainly use some help with finding a replacement low "B" key for a model 45 Noblet that I am rebuilding. It suffered a fall while living with the former owner and the key got bent. It's the pad cup itself that is bent and I have tried and am at the point where I don't believe that it...
  19. Is this mouthpiece a "Gonner"?

Benny Goodman could make music come out of a rock or a blade of grass. Just because YOU can't do it, doesn't mean that a consummate artist such as Benny Goodman couldn't.
Back
Top Bottom