Search results

1. clarnibass

Conn clarinet post locking screws

Actually... I was about to come back here and post that I can send you a couple of screws. Contact me privately.
  2. clarnibass

You could, in theory, but they wouldn't thread, just squish into the hole. Though they wouldn't in the case of clarinet posts and screws. The screws being harder would force the post metal to move so the screw would just force itself into it, sort of embedding there, if you use enough force...
  3. clarnibass

Either Ferree's ran out of these, or the sax and clarinet ones are different, or whoever you talked to there was just confused. I've ordered them from Ferree's before for saxophone. I don't know if the clarinet ones are the same or not. Kraus supposedly has them, but like John said those screws...
  4. clarnibass

Bass Clarinet top joint issue?

The second photo is out of focus so not sure what the issue is. If it's the slot, then it should be there to tighten the neck in place so it doesn't rotate while playing. It also looks like it's bent a little bit in the slot area, which should be possible to repair probably. Re the crack in the...
  5. clarnibass

Any idea what Model this Buffet is?

Yes that's an R13 from around 1974 (maybe a few years before or after, check a S/N list to be sure). Looks like nickel plating. Prices vary in different countries and areas but here, in decent condition, it would sell for approximately half of the price of a new one.
  6. clarnibass

Any idea what Model this Buffet is?

Looks like an R13 but if you post a photo showing under the right hand pinky keys it would be possible to be sure (looks like the cut out is just barely visible but hard to be sure from that photo). Based on the serial number it's from the mid 70s.
  7. clarnibass

I've been told that this is a Selmer Paris Bass Clarinet 33

He is almost right, it was 1994 (as mentioned in my previous post).
  8. clarnibass

No, the 23II and 25II are the 35 and 37. The 23 and 25 (without II) are the 31 and 33. The bass clarinet in the OP is not a 37 (25II). No adjustable 3rd finger touchpiece and the lyre holder are the definite signs. It's almost sure from the 80s while the 37 came out in 1994. From what I can...
  9. clarnibass

Yes, that's what I was going to post because there was a model between the 33 and Privilege/67. 37 was the low C model and 35 was the low Eb model. AFAIK although they had a "revision of the model 33" in 1980, they made other changes along its run. At least I'm pretty sure I remember more than...
  10. clarnibass

Is it really? The 67, as you mention later, is the new low C Privilege. AFAIK they never had another model called 67 but it's possible they have. The confusing thing is that they sometimes used numbers in different countries. I'm pretty sure I remember that the model 37 was called 25 in some...
  11. clarnibass

LeBlanc low C bass clarinet

Without actually trying or at least hearing them, it's hard to say what issue might be. It could even be because of different expectations. FWIW the three lowest notes on good Buffet and Selmer bass clarinets that I've played were generally fine and sounded good. Re using the extra notes, that...
  12. clarnibass

Selmer Bass Clarinet

The damage to the key guard doesn't look that bad, at least from the photo it's only possible to see some cosmetic damage which doesn't mean much. The crack would definitely affect price. What's even more important is the mechanical condition and how it plays. That could make a very big...
  13. clarnibass

Buffet Crampon Serial#

What do I win? :) Though I was asking if I'm seeing right and the same serial number is on both sections. That makes it less likely to be a typo, unless even back then it was a machine that was set up wrong, or maybe a worker who made a "mental" mistake as opposed to making the exact same...
  14. clarnibass

Buffet Crampon Serial#

I was going to suggest (although it's a small chance) maybe it's a "typo" in the stamp by mistake, but if I understand the photos right, the serial number is stamped on both sections and it's the same, yes? Nothing against this forum, but you can try the clarinet board, where there are a lot...
  15. clarnibass

Yamaha CS series versus SE series

The CSG is more different than the other models so maybe it simply costs them more to manufacture. For example its top section and barrel are very different than other models, so if it needs a separate assembly line that can raise the price a lot. Or maybe they need another "station" (and/or...
  16. clarnibass

Buffet R-13 Serial Number Help!

R13 clarinets have the S/N only on the bottom joint.
  17. clarnibass

Soundcard advice

OK, if you only need two channels at the same time then most of the mini USB sound cards would work. BTW if you're looking on web stores they are usually called "audio interfaces"... :) The outputs on Pete's card are similar on most other cards too i.e. you have either RCA or PL/XLR outputs. I...
  18. clarnibass

Soundcard advice

I'd get a USB soundcard anyway, though you have some other options for desktops like an internal card... but I wouldn't bother with it. How many channels at most do you want to record simultaneously? I assume you want to be able to connect both PL (1/4") and XLR cables to your sound card? What...
  19. clarnibass

Soundcard advice

There are many :) Is it a laptop or a desktop? What do you want to do with it? Just listen to music? Record? If record, how? What kind of speakers do you want to connect to it?
  20. clarnibass

Quality cheap Eb Clarinet?

I have a Vito Eb clarinet and it's decent, pretty good really. I like it better than Bundy, but both are ok. I like both of those much more than any of the new Chinese ones, some of which are ok for their very low price but I've tried none that are anywhere near good IMO (though the last time...
Back
Top Bottom