Search results

1. Leblanc Reviews (LL, L7, Concerto, LL/L7 "A")

Steve, I have a question about the LL A clarinet. I saw at an LL model and it had an A above the serial number on the lower joint and it also had an A on the bell. Does that mean it is an A clarinet?
  2. Consolidating your Practice Routine Material

According to a couple of old posts at the woodwind.org forum... "The Voxman "Selected Studies for Saxophone" uses a number of the Rose studies and etudes, and puts them in a better range for the saxophone, so no adjustments are needed. Voxman uses (from the Rose 32) #26, #4, #18, #29, #21, and...
  3. Value of a Conn New Wonder II Bari?

Thanks for the detailed info pete. I will take a look at the link to your guide too. The horn was reconditioned by a tech reputed to be one of the best on the West coast when I got it in '97, so I think the springs are fine. I don't think I ever needed to get any pads replaced so maybe it is...
  4. Value of a Conn New Wonder II Bari?

Does anyone know how much a Conn NW II Bari might be worth in today's market? There are some photos of it here. It's in good playing condition. Saxgourmet values it at $1800 but I'm guessing this may have been at the market highs. I'm wondering how much have prices for vintage horns dropped...
  5. How often do you clean your mouthpiece?

I used to just wipe the mpc with a handkerchief after using it but recently I got a mpc swab so I've started to rinse after each use, then use the swab. If I'm going to play soon after eating I'll rinse my mouth. I don't use soap or disinfectant, although I guess it would be a good thing to do...
  6. Dexter's licks

I've got that tune so will check it out. One common lick that I'm pretty sure both players used is A F D Bb (in key of F).
  7. Dexter's licks

I'd like to check that lick out. Could you tell us the tune and album and maybe at what point in the tune? If I understand you correctly you said it is a 5 note lick, all 8th notes with the first note starting on the downbeat and the last one tied to a quarter note. I have trouble visualizing...
  8. What are your doubles?

I picked up Tenor sax first quickly followed by Alto and Sop. I picked up Bari several years later. I picked up clarinet a year after Tenor and then flute a year after that. Ever since I've been practicing sax, clarinet and flute equally, but most of my playing is on Tenor. I played a couple...
  9. Balance issue when Standing with a Low Eb Bass Clarinet with Neck Strap

Clarnibass, yes my bass clarinet has two rings. I did try to use a sax neck strap but the hook was too big for the ring to fit properly so it wasn't a good test. Thanks for that info Groovekiller.
  10. Balance issue when Standing with a Low Eb Bass Clarinet with Neck Strap

Where did you get the parts? That looks pretty nifty. I may go to the hardware store and see if they have them. I'm wondering how I could get it brazed and how much it would cost.
  11. Do Vocals help your playing?

Actually by longevity I meant in terms of age. It seems like singers retire several years before they pass on, whereas woodwind players seem to be able to keep on playing.
  12. Do Vocals help your playing?

I've heard the rational that it does and that in Italy flute players are required to take vocal lessons. But I was wondering whether anyone can say whether or not vocals has helped their playing from personal experience. At the moment learning vocals is just a pipe dream, something I might...
  13. Post your pit setups

I just got a saxrax which takes a tenor/alto peg and a double peg kit for flute and clarinet. Then I have a hamilton 5 peg stand that can take the remainng pegs, alto flute, piccolo and soprano sax. The good thing about this setup is that I can use any combination of pegs between the two...
  14. Balance issue when Standing with a Low Eb Bass Clarinet with Neck Strap

My bass is an early 70's Selmer "full boehm". I'll have to think about that. I think I read somewhere that Selmer makes a 53 degrees high angle neck. That would be great
  15. Balance issue when Standing with a Low Eb Bass Clarinet with Neck Strap

I use a Neotech double hook neck strap when standing up and playing, but one thing I find is that especially with the side Ab around the break the horn wants to tip over to the right as I am playing. So I have to stop it tipping over by pressing my index finger of the right hand agains the...
  16. Practice routine for a doubler with a day job

Pete, interesting your comment about practising vocals in the car. I asked that question on another forum and the reply was that vocals require as much concentration as a musical instrument if you are to get anywhere with it. I also asked about learning singing while practising piano which I...
  17. Doublers with a day job who also play Double reeds?

If there are any, how do you do it? I find it hard enough to practise all the "single reeds" let alone think about picking up bassoon, oboe, and english horn, though I think about it now and then. So are there any nine to fivers who also started taking up double reeds while they were...
Back
Top Bottom