Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Search results

1. Standing on one leg and recorder bell keys

Does the recorder (at least the treble recorder) really require you to stand on one leg from time to time in order to bring your knee up to the bell in order to reach some of the highest notes like F# or A? It seems like you could get a bit unbalanced when playing. How many recorders feature a...
  2. Treble recorder thumb rests and recorder widths

I don't think any of these fixes work after having tried them. The problem is that now there ends up something underneath the thumb rest which means it's not completely flush against the recorder itself. So there is now a slight up and down hinge-like movement even if it is held in place. It...
  3. Treble recorder thumb rests and recorder widths

Okay I've attached some pictures of the thumb rest on my recorder, and one of the thumb rest by itself. I'm not sure in which order you'll see them, but one of them (I think the first pic) is when I hold the recorder upright. The thumb rest simply slides straight to the bottom and can even...
  4. Treble recorder thumb rests and recorder widths

I bought a treble recorder thumb rest from Amazon thinking this would help me play the recorder with more ease. However, it doesn't seem to stay in place at all but slides all the way down. It fits at the top of the recorder near the thumb hole, but that's not where my right thumb will be...
  5. Should I bother buying recorder instructional books or just find it all online?

I saw this book Treble Recorder from the Beginning (From the Beginning Book & CD) on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1847723691?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_4&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE Should I bother buying it just to learn the fingering, or is it easy to just find online...
  6. Question about Treble and Descant Recorder fingerings

Thanks for the reply. If I did try to learn the recorder as a transposing instrument, would the main problem I would run into be not being able to play music written specifically for the treble recorder because I've learnt all of it as descant fingering? Would it be too much like going according...
  7. Question about Treble and Descant Recorder fingerings

Hi, I'm new here. I've just started learning the Recorder but already play other woodwind instruments. I have both a treble and descant recorder which I inherited. I also found quite an old recorder instruction book which deals mostly with the descant but has a small section on the treble at the...
Back
Top Bottom