Dismiss Notice
We've just updated the forum. Please contact me (Pete) @ thesaxinfo-at-gmail.com if you have any problems.

1820s-1850s Flute- H. something, Leipzig (?)

Discussion in 'Concert flute' started by TrueTone, Aug 27, 2016.

1. TrueTone

TrueTone Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, History

So I went personally to the estate sale my mom bought me the Conn 444N Clarinet at. (amongst a book by Bonade, a Conn Bugle, an IDRS program, and some records, amongst some other stuff)
    Most of the stuff was sold already (including both an Oboe and a nice looking Pan-Am Alto, both of which were already sold on the first day.)
    But this flute was still there under some sheet music in a bin, probably because of a crack in it.
    Has 5 keys (technically 6 but two activate the same tone hole)
    Keys are set into extensions from the wood, mainly which is why I came to that date.
    I'll take pictures when I get home.
    Seems like it's worth the $20 I spent on it.
    EDIT: I hate USB cords.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Tags:
  2. TrueTone

TrueTone Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, History

Aha!
    Found what looks like the same makers' mark on a Clarinet on ebay, construction appears rather similar also:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-W-N...et-with-Nickel-Keys-wood-ISI600-/302103918084
    The Linz makes sense, as I was assuming it from it saying L..Z it was Leipzig.
    The H in that looks like it could be a W, also.
    I also apparently am rather unreliable at actually posting pictures when I say I will. =P

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator