3D Printed Clarinet Bells

You can use a lot of different materials in 3D printers, even food (3D chocolate printer; mmmm) and human cells. You may just have to customize the printer a bit for the material you're using.

The big thing that people don't remember when they hear "3D Printer" is that they also have to have 3D objects created in some sort of modeling software. Creating those models is the hard part.

Coming soon will be printed bodies, in which small changes in bore geometry, hole size, placement, chimney height, etc. can easily be tested before committing to major tooling.

You can use a lot of different materials in 3D printers, even food (3D chocolate printer; mmmm) and human cells. You may just have to customize the printer a bit for the material you're using.

The big thing that people don't remember when they hear "3D Printer" is that they also have to have 3D objects created in some sort of modeling software. Creating those models is the hard part.
Yes you can use a lot of material.
but you are still limited to what they provide as options based on the printer that you purchase.

What I was really intrigued with is the metal printers which can use Stainless steel which gets infused with bronze. Essentially stainless steel powder which then after it has been printed gets infused with bronze to replace the glue.

Could make mpcs out of chocolate.
But for some reason I think the durability might be in question, and I wonder about the taste too.

Coming soon will be printed bodies, in which small changes in bore geometry, hole size, placement, chimney height, etc. can easily be tested before committing to major tooling.
aren't they already doing this, at least making bodies to sell ?

in automotive we bought a 3D printer to cut down on prototype costs and turnaround times. This was back in 2005ish.

Only a matter of time...sounds like the plastic instruments coming from Nuvo.

Back
Top Bottom