82Z sopranos

Their spiel:
Based on the scale and design of the classic '62' models, Custom Z saxes have bodies that are made of a special brass alloy for lighter weight, a great playing 'feel', and the kind of tonal flexibility you've always dreamed of.

The Z plays evenly in all ranges, and gives the player a huge dynamic range for as much - or as little - sound as you want. The Custom Z saxes have unparalleled tonal flexibility for confident performance in all styles of music, and there's no need to sacrifice comfort for sound.
Here's a review:
If there’s one drawback with the 82Z, it might be the price. At $3,899.99 street, it runs a bit higher than some of its challengers. (Silver, black lacquer and unlacquered finishes make the horn cost a bit more.) Given the increasingly high quality of some of the horns now coming out of Taiwan—many of them considerably less expensive than this one—a Yamaha doesn't provide the same bang for the buck that it once did.

Still, there’s no getting around the fact that the 82Z is as good a soprano as there is on the market. I’m not going to dump my still-beautiful partner of 20-odd years, but I’d be happy to introduce her lovely and refined younger sister to a friend.
Read more...

Back
Top Bottom