a few more high fingerings

kymarto

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
Yes, I should eventually compile all these into a single thread...

Here are a few more fingerings for the high notes on my Stowasser. YMMV

Eb: LH: high octave key, 3 / RH: both side keys, 1, F natural key, Eb pinky key
F: LH: high octave key, top D trill key, 2, 3 / RH: 2, 3, Eb pinky key (or not, raises pitch)

These are both pretty will in tune and stable--if you can do altissimo on sax these are not difficult.

Toby

I'm beginning to feel sorry for your family having to listen to all of the experimentation in the tárogató's 3rd octave. :)

Before long I expect that you will begin discovering the fingerings for notes that only dogs can hear.

I only do it when I am home alone. On the Stowasser I can't get above F, but on the one you have I got something faintly resembling a G :)

I only do it when I am home alone. On the Stowasser I can't get above F, but on the one you have I got something faintly resembling a G :)

If I can get a nice sounding high B consistently, I'm happy. I never had the need to go above it (and I'm glad, cuz I can't :) ).

George

Well, if you ever get the urge--here is a really nice high C to D trill:

LH: high octave key, 1, 3, low B key / RH: 1, 2, 3 Eb key

This is C, lift LH 1 for a D that is arguably better than the earlier one I posted, only trouble being that it is hard to slur up to Eb.

Looks like I forgot to mention E natural:

LH: high octave key, 2, 3 / RH: 2, 3 Eb key

These are all good solid fingerings on my horn, but are very dependent on bore profile, so they might not work on yours.

Back
Top Bottom