A History Of Band Instrument Manufacturing in Elkhart, IN

I have to chuckle at the candidate's last name: Reed. With a name like that, you sure were destined to end up doing something about music. ;)

Oh... I look at all those typewritten pages and think: I'm so glad I had a computer to write mine on.

This looks so painful. Who here remembers whiteout tape? Then those fancy typewriters that had that tape built in. Finally those typewriters that let you see a line at a time before you printed the text onto the paper.

Last edited:
I have to chuckle at the candidate's last name: Reed. With a name like that, you sure were destined to end up doing something about music. ;)

Oh... I look at all those typewritten pages and think: I'm so glad I had a computer to write mine on.

This looks so painful. Who here remembers whiteout tape? Then those fancy typewriters that had that tape built in. Finally those typewriters that let you see a line at a time before you printed the text onto the paper.
I wonder if they're related to the composer Alfred Reed, perhaps? (I don't know much about where he's from or anything about his family, so that could be impossible.)
And I'm definitely glad I have a computer to type on instead of a typewriter.

Well, I'm a Reed too. Can't say it influenced my instrument choices. It's a fairly common surname - I believe originally English or Scotch Irish. In my case, when my great grandfather immigrated from Germany, his last name was Rutt (can't find the umlaut!). Family lore is that the immigration officer told him to change it because it was too German.

Well, I'm a Reed too. Can't say it influenced my instrument choices. It's a fairly common surname....

Ha, you only think it didn't influence your choice. ;) Much like those ice cubes in the bottom of the glass that have subliminal messaging in them, that only your subconscious can pick up on... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

GILBEY'S AD.png

Back
Top Bottom