Advanced User Tagging

Discussion in 'New Forum Stuff' started by pete, Jan 1, 2016.

1. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

This is a feature I've really liked at Pete Thomas' forum. Full description of the mod is here.

Simply put, if you type in @[username], like @Helen or @Gandalfe, in a post, that member will be notified that you've mentioned him or her, both via e-mail -- if the user is set up to receive e-mails from other members -- and in the "Notifications" menu in the upper right corner, plus in a couple other places.

It's great if you want to have one of the Admins, CEs, or a specific forum member take a look at your post/thread, but don't want to send a PM or e-mail asking, "Can you please look at my thread?"

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

3. TrueTone

TrueTone Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, History

So can I tag myself? I'll try to find this loophole. @TrueTone
    EDIT:
    Well it appears I can't keep one of these as a reminder for myself. That would have been useful if possible, though.

4. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

I had initially posted something longer, detailing some of the other things about user tagging -- including the fact that you can't tag yourself -- but I went for a more concise TL;DR, instead.

There are an awful lot of people where I work that read only the first sentence of an e-mail. So far, I've not used that fact for evil. Well, as far as anyone knows.