Amati Kraslice "special" model

Reading the amati clarinets posts from a year ago it would seem the horns are needing tech adjustments for certain players. Not sure if that is like adjusting the seat in your car after someone else drives it or a complete rebuilt model? Snagged an 25 year old wood Amati Kraslice Special off eBat that was sitting in a closet for 25 years after one six month band class and never played again. It's in the mail and started to look for info on the horn and wondering if adjustments are like a car seat or a total rebuilt engine? Parents who's children loose interest should donate the horns to the school and like a car keep them serviced. Untouched for 25 years???

> Parents who's children loose interest
"Who's" is a contraction for "who is." "Whose" means you're asking who the owner is. "Lose" means to misplace; to no longer have. "Loose" means to make things less tight. I mention this primarily because we've got folks here who don't natively speak English and may use things like Google Translate.

> Parents whose children lose interest should donate the horns to the school
I've got no problem with people donating instruments they're not using anymore. I think that's a good idea. I've donated several instruments and even sold a really good bari sax to a school at a deep discount.

> It's in the mail and started to look for info on the horn and wondering if adjustments are like a car seat or a total rebuilt engine?
I'm pretty sure there are no electrical components, rear transmission seals, etc. on Amati instruments. However, when they were behind the Iron Curtain, I suppose it was possible to get one with a rear transmission seal. "In Soviet Russia, clarinet plays YOU."

If you have a horn that hasn't been touched in 25 years, chances are very good that it wasn't kept in an environment conducive to keeping the horn intact. You probably need all new pads and felts. You might have mold growing here and there. If it was stored in a soft case or no case at all, you might have cracks and bent keywork.

"Stored for 25 years" really only tells part of the story. From what I was able to quickly Google -- and based on experience with Amati saxophones -- you had horns labeled "Special" all the way back to the 1970s and probably back into the 1960s. There were also a variety of Special clarinet configurations, including instruments with a wooden body and plastic bell. Monetary value is also all over the place. Check out this link, so you can help us to help you.

Back
Top Bottom