Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

An auction opportunity of a lifetime!

Discussion in 'Eb Alto Clarinet' started by SOTSDO, Jun 4, 2014.

1. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

Call your friends! Here's a horn that's sure to go for more than the listed price, so high is the demand:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selmer-Pari...648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540a62df08

I always wonder why these get listed the way that they do. Are there alto clarinet collectors somewhere?

There's also a "vintage" Conn alto clarinet bell, currently listed at the grand price of $175.00. Optimism abounds...

2. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Wow, that's just ignorant. Wonder how the seller determined that high price?

3. saxhound

saxhound Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

You would think MF/WWBW/M123 would know better than that. That's almost the price of a new Buffet Privilege low Eb bass clarinet!

4. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Maybe they really don't want to sell it? Funnier than anything.

5. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

Oddly enough, there have been considerable numbers of full Boehm Selmer clarinets on eBay over the past two or three times I have done my survey. Since my soft palate problems persist, I have refrained from bidding - but I hate missing out on the opportunities, I tells ya...

6. They're now subsets of Guitar Center, and may be afflicted with guitar player thought processes.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
Our staff's websites: