are Yanagisawa mouthpieces good?

Don't forget about the hand made Guardalas. I've seen some of them go for almost 2 grand.

Totally forgot about them. They are probably the most expensive tenor pieces.

I can't think of anything too obnoxious on baritone other than the Gale pieces. Vintage Berg's seem to be going for a lot of money these days. I don't really see the point but then again I generally don't see the point of paying that much for a mouthpiece.

Again the horn of choice has to be a Mark VI or a Balanced Action. Either one in great shape should go between 8k and 10k
Using only ebay as a reference, I wonder whether the bloom is off the mark vi rose. Unless it's a 5-digit with near-pristine original lacquer, 4K to < 5K seems to be the norm now with some going as low as 3K. Based on selling prices, not asking prices.

Using only ebay as a reference, I wonder whether the bloom is off the mark vi rose. Unless it's a 5-digit with near-pristine original lacquer, 4K to < 5K seems to be the norm now with some going as low as 3K. Based on selling prices, not asking prices.
It's really been that way for awhile. And I think you're a bit high. $3K is more norm-ish.

It's really been that way for awhile. And I think you're a bit high. $3K is more norm-ish.

My figures are based on a snapshot taken today of ebay completed items.

But that doesn't mean I'm not high.

No prob. Without degenerating into another thread about the prices of Mark VIs, people tend not to realize that really good VIs go for some good cash -- not because they're necessarily worth it, but because other folks WERE willing to pay for it. Average VI prices aren't that high.

I did a VI survey, once, and there are a couple serial number ranges where the price spikes, not just 5-digit. And all of the VIs I've played are kewl.

Back
Top Bottom