Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

Armstrong Piccolo Advice

Discussion in 'The Flute Family' started by Dr0n3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I have an Armstrong Piccolo I am looking to sell. It has the grenadilla wood body with silver plated keys and a full silver head joint. The serial number is 27 43831 and from my research that means it was made in 1977. There is no model number anywhere. From what I have gathered it is a professional quality piccolo comparable to the 358 or 3582H. I have no idea what to sell it for. I have searched ebay and havent found a piccolo that has sold that is comparable to mine. If I could get a few opinions on what ya'll think a fair price is it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Austin

2. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Admin and all around good guy. Staff Member Administrator

Well without the model number it might get $100 - 300. It's really a dice roll at this point isn't it. Are you sure you want to sell it? For that small of change you could donate to a local school or 501c community band and right it off on your taxes. Or you could find a worthy relative to give it to; those are my fav people to gift instruments to because the instruments will get used. Good luck!

3. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

And welcome to the forum!

4. I also have an Armstrong piccolo that I bought a while back on eBay, actually. I believe I got it for $200? So anywhere from $150-$200 is probably a fair price range.

Our staff's websites: