Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

BandSource - Downers Grove Illinois

In the "greater Houston area" (which is sort of an oxymoron, but never mind), the defunct brand "H and H Music" has been reborn. Formerly a local chain of some antiquity, it was gobbled up by the Brook Mays empire (and we all know how that turned out), remaining under that name until the whole thing failed.

Some local folks have resurrected the firm, on a low key basis with less retail and more emphasis on school sales and bulk repair. However, their Dixie Farm Road location is now the home base for my local repairman of choice, Fred Freeman. He had been located way out on our west side, but returned to his home area once the new place was opened.

After several years of going to the guy "who does the work for the guys in the symphony" and a couple of others, I blundered into Fred by accident (rush job the night before a job), and am glad that I did. I've used Fred for my mundane baritone and bass clarinet stuff, but he has also handled work on bass saxophones and my Oehler clarinet with skill and dispatch.

Back
Top Bottom