Bass Clarinet Mpc Caps!! Cheap or DIY??

Apparently I have not seen a single thread on here that I can search with the word caps

I'm trying to see if they're super cheap plastic caps or if someone has DIY caps or if there are other instruments that the caps will fit

And yes I get there's certain caps for the metal ligatures in certain caps for The roverners?

Just looking for some cheap ass caps that I can just throw on there so I stop fn up my reeds

Cheapest I’ve seen is the $6 BG cap at Music & Arts. Your local instrument repair person might even give you one. A bari sax cap should also work. Of course there are also the little silicon tip caps that are around $1, if that will suffice.

If you don’t take your reeds off and store them in a reed guard, I highly recommend you start doing that.

I have 3D printed a bunch of caps. But the materials I have are not as good as injection molded caps you can buy. After a few months of use, the 3D printed ones take on the shape of the mouthpiece/ligature and do not spring on as well. But I can make them a perfect size if I have the mouthpiece and ligature to test them on. So I do use them on most of my mouthpieces.

I like the Rovner design that has the long slit. They have the widest range of fit for each size. There are 6 sizes of them. There is a large number inside the end of the cap but you may need a flashlight to see it. I should have one here I can look at for bass clar. You may need to buy a Rovner lig for BC to get one easily.

The Rubber half caps that just go over the beak, not the ligature, seem to work well. There are several brands of these.

Back
Top Bottom