Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Beautiful

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work." I can almost play an octave on an oboe. After about a week of trying. And scaring the dog.

I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work."
I so wish this was still true! Maybe it is true in other cities...but there's an abundance of oboists here in Winston Salem. It's ridiculous!

Steve

Clarinet CE/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I remember being told, once, "If you are even halfway decent on oboe, you'll never have a problem getting work." I can almost play an octave on an oboe. After about a week of trying. And scaring the dog.
I was told that too many moons ago. But talking to music majors now adays it also seems that there's an over abundance of oboists around.

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
I was told that too many moons ago. But talking to music majors now adays it also seems that there's an over abundance of oboists around.
But can they double?

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Or play more than one octave?

I just have to drop in an add. I'm having a crummy evening and you've all managed to cheer me up and make me laugh.
I have a cousin who is actually getting pretty good with the oboe, she's many years younger than me (I have a gigantic family) and can play a smooth octave with nice articulation, she's only been playing for about two or three months.
I guess everything has it's first...

Steve

Clarinet CE/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I just have to drop in an add. I'm having a crummy evening and you've all managed to cheer me up and make me laugh.
I have a cousin who is actually getting pretty good with the oboe, she's many years younger than me (I have a gigantic family) and can play a smooth octave with nice articulation, she's only been playing for about two or three months.
I guess everything has it's first...
if you ever have a crummy evening just hole yourself up in a room with your instrument and just play stuff ..... and read this board !!