Buffet Serial Numbers

thanks for the replies folks, but I still can't get a close date from any list for sn 505205
also it's stamped r13 b 660 is that a model indicator?

thanks for the replies folks, but I still can't get a close date from any list for sn 505205
also it's stamped r13 b 660 is that a model indicator?
The R13 B 660 ... isn't that on the barrel ? I would ignore markings on the barrel as it may not represent the instrument itself.

Can you provide pictures of the clarinet itself?

But the serial number, if a Buffet R13, would be about 2002.
An R13 does not actually have a model number stamped on it. When the "R13" was introduced Buffet only had one professional instrument at a time. So if you bought a Buffet, you bought their one and only professional clarinet. Not until the mid 1960s did Buffet start stamping a model number when they introduced a BC-20, Continentale and S-1 simultaneously with the "unmarked" R-13.

The R13 has continued this until the "R13 Prestige" plaque was introduced (I think in) 1985.

Last edited:
thanks Steve, 2002 seems right & the r13 etc is on the barrel
here's some pics, I don't have the instrument yet so I'll be taking better pics when I get it, plus greasing corks & maybe oiling
the bore & generally checking it out before posting for sale. It looks like nickel plated keys to me.

Attachments

• IMG_4214.jpg
    IMG_4214.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom