Cork Grease

Ed

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Decided to make some cork grease tonight. 80 grams of beeswax and I think I'm at about 120 grams of canola oil. Basically nuke beeswax and oil together in the microwave until it is a liquid and let it cool. Add oil until you get the consistency you want.

The only other recipe I have seen was from sneezy. I think it was 50 percent lard and 50 percent beeswax. I think any of the lip balm recipes out there that have coconut oil and beeswax would work well.

Anybody else make their own cork grease?

Let us know how that turns out. Are you going to put it into empty Chapstik tubes? :)

Since I have started melting paraffin wax onto my tenon corks and neck corks and then ironing it into the pores of the cork with a heated pad slick, I rarely have need for cork grease anymore. Of course, I don't use different size sax mouthpieces either which makes it easier.

Them damn'd bees is ornery when ya steps on them, but those bitches make a damn fine raw material in beeswax.

Whenever a mosquito bites my wife, I delight in reminding her that the ones that bite are exclusively female...

Back
Top Bottom