CW Moritz

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
eBay ad. Picture gallery.

Very pretty horn. I do think this is probably a stencil. Kohlert would be my guess, specifically the Modell 1926, but I'm open to hearing alternate theories!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll 3rd the motion that it is a saxophone. ;-)

Just to be different--and totally wrong--I'm going to say made of Buescher True & Aristocrat, as well as Conn New Wonder parts, but designed & assembled in Europe. :p

I'll 3rd the motion that it is a saxophone. ;-)

Just to be different--and totally wrong--I'm going to say made of Buescher True & Aristocrat, as well as Conn New Wonder parts, but designed & assembled in Europe. :p
:p

Helen, I think you and I should buy up a bunch of Bundy II altos and really, really hype them as the best playing horns in teh werld, even more so than a Mark VI. Then we sell 'em.

Ooops. Wasn't supposed to let anyone else know ....

Sorry, I've been away for a few days. I've been busy buying up Bundy II saxophones. Just wait for the "deals" you'll see on these rare, precious babies in the coming years. ;) Pete, our retirement dreams are about to be realized. :emoji_smile:

As an aside, did y'all notice the price the eBay'er is asking for? 2800 Euros. That's quite a bit.

What's odd is that the tech wrote that he prepared the horn for the music museum in Berlin.

Das C.W. Moritz Berlin ist ein sehr edel und hochwertig verarbeitetes Unikat, dass von mir hergerichtet an das Musikinsrumenten-Museum in Berlin weitergegeben wurde....

If that's the case, how'd it end up for sale on eBay in July 2012 with the same pics?

They're not all the same pics. The most important new pic is the one of the low C keyguard. Mercedes-Benz-ish, just like the Kohlert Modell 1926.

Back
Top Bottom