pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 281
The pics aren't great, but I did add them. (I have better ones from Benedikt himself.) That said, the auction is a repeat. The last auction ended just before Christmas, and now it's back again... Not surprising. Given the uncertainty out there, the last thing I'm going to be doing is digging into my investments and pulling 30K for a horn that will never pay for itself.

Oh, now I just need to get the Eppelsheim section of my site written.... So many sections to do, so little time. ;)

The pics aren't great, but I did add them. (I have better ones from Benedikt himself.) That said, the auction is a repeat. The last auction ended just before Christmas, and now it's back again... Not surprising. Given the uncertainty out there, the last thing I'm going to be doing is digging into my investments and pulling 30K for a horn that will never pay for itself.

Oh, now I just need to get the Eppelsheim section of my site written.... So many sections to do, so little time. ;)
+1 on both of those. There are much better pics on Eppelsheim's website -- and there's the addition of Groovekiller playing one, too.

Helen, I did send you a PM about a few A Sax horns that might be worth investing in ...

Over the past few weeks, other than worrying about how to get Xenforo working properly, I've been experimenting with various HTML, CSS, and Javascript so I can do something about my own website. I'll probably send Helen an e-mail in a couple days :).

Helen, I did send you a PM about a few A Sax horns that might be worth investing in ...

OK, I'll have to look it up. I did notice something in my email Inbox but I'm about 500 unopened emails behind. :emoji_laughing: Thank you.

As for investing... I've always said I'm not a real collector of horns... despite what my 30+ saxes might say about me ;) .... If I do go for the C pitched tenor by AE Sax, the price has to be right, and I will be buying it as a player, not as a collector.

I might be willing to let one or the other of my less-played horns go to get it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Right now my tech is out of town and won't be back until the New Year. Once he's back I'll make arrangements to go to his shop and play it; make a recording for the owner; and then the owner can take it home. He and I can then figure out next steps.

Since I have first offer of refusal on the horn, I can figure it in principle before then. But a lot will depend on what it plays like; sounds like; and how different it is from my minty Conn C mel (straight neck) that I've had for nearly 20 years--which, FYI, I have hardly used other than for presentations/demos.

For my money, I'd go for one of the AJ Sax (i.e. the inventor of the saxophone) horns, not the AE Sax (i.e. the son of the inventor of the sax) C tenor -- especially at about the same price. Admittedly the AJ Sax horns are going to need some extensive overhauling and the AE Sax C won't.

Back
Top Bottom