Haynes Piccolo

I have a Haynes Piccolo from around 1938 with serial [HASHTAG]#15505[/HASHTAG] that I am in the process of selling. It was my grandfathers who passed and I am trying to get some information on it. How can I tell what key it is in and whether it is sterling silver? Also, how much should a piccolo like this be sold for? Thanks.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

That's the problem, not every instrument has an obvious price. Newer instruments tend to be easier to price. If you are the one selling it what are you willing to sell it for? If you find the right buyer, you can get top dollar, but that is gonna be a rare situation.

Also, we don't know if this is a player or needs a *lot* of work. How is the intonation on this instrument? There are just way too many variables to give you a fair estimate. Because it has plateau keys, it makes me think it is a student instrument--those tend to be worth less than a professional instrument. So unless this has some special historical value, I can't see you getting a lot for this instrument from your average musician. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom