Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Help!!

My tone is weak. Notes are fuzzy. Staff B and C naturals are difficult to get out. High notes above high D are thin and most of the time aren't even themselves (fingering for 4 ledger line high G sounds just like maybe an F ._.) also idk how to tongue. And all the air is focused into my instrument but it's airy. I am a major beginner apparently. Please help!

With the little detail you've given about yourself or your equipment, I'd say:
Do yourself a favour and find a teacher. Nothing worse than struggling at stage 1 of becoming a monster player.

Yes I would also recommend a teacher.
Also find a friend who is a good clarinet player and have him/her play your instrument to make sure it also isn't the instrument.

jbtsax here has a good list either on this board of another board (if i recall properly) of beginning techniques for clarinets ... rather than rewrite something similar i'm going to try and find it.

If you're having this much trouble, something is very wrong that you are doing, or with the instrument itself.

What strength reeds are you playing on?
What mouthpiece are you using?
What brand of clarinet?

None of us can really give you the help you probably need without the details.

Get a teacher and he/she can work with you one on one, and analyze what it is you're doing wrong, and help you improve, and none of us want you to hurt yourself or your equipment in the process of trying to learn the wrong technique!

Don't forget, it's harder to un-learn a bad habit than learn a good habit.

Back
Top Bottom