Is This a Fair Price for an R13?

I am looking at purchasing what appears to be a very clean 2006 R13 with silver keys, new double bladder pads, and a vandoren B40 mouthpiece. How good of a deal is $1500 for this instrument?

thank you

In the past 90 days 43 R13 clarinets have been sold on Ebay. The highest price was $2400 and the lowest $600. The average of this group was about $1300. Those in the upper price range were advertised as newer and having silver plated rather than nickle plated keys.

$1500 appears to be a fair price for a recently repadded R13 BUT it depends entirely upon the quality of the work done. I would try to find out who did the repad before making the purchase. The large number of R13's for sale on the market pushes the prices down, and you could probably get one for less, but one should also consider the after sale costs to put it into pristine condition.

I'd say it's a good price. Prices here are higher than e.g. USA (don't know wher eyou are from) and I sold an R13 with nickel keys, very good case, excellent condition, with just the original mouthpiece, for about the same (it was the same but now it's a bit less because of excahnge rate lowering the $US). I agree with John that it depends on how good the repad is but also how good the clarinet itself is, which can just be personal preference. The person who bought mine came to try it first before buying.

Back
Top Bottom