Leblanc noblet model help

I have a Bb Leblanc Noblet clarinet. I've always thought it to be a 45 but the serial numbers never matched anything until I saw the serial numbers to the Model 7166/7168. Now it seems that I might have a Model 7166/7168. It has the diamond marking with the N and D overlapped at the top of the diamond and Noblet Paris inside. It was made in France. The serial number is 68**A. It plays great with a nice mellow tone. Any information would be appreciated.

I took a couple photos of the old case. It was getting "old" inside and I was afraid it would affect the clarinet. This may help in identification.

There are also pictures of the Bell and emblem. Then there is one picture in the new case where you can see the clarinet better.

I have found a few references to a model 7166 but it is for a vito plastic clarinet. It really doesn't matter if I figure this out the clarinet plays easily and has a great sound.

Thanks again,

Chuck

http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25/allentwnguy/

Last edited:
Thanks Gandalfe...It's true if it sounds good that's all that counts. You can play 10 of the same model sax and have a preference for only one of them. I've had this clarinet since the late 80's and never put much thought into exactly which model it was. Now with the i-net and all. And I've taken up playing the sax and clarinet again. It's more curiosity than anything else. Unfortunately the clarinet replaced my ’41 10M that I sold a few years earlier to buy a house. Ahh…live and learn.

I’ve been to “clarinet perfection,” that’s where I found the serial number reference to the model 7166. It was the only serial number that had a letter suffix. I would guess it’s just an intermediate grade clarinet and that suits me fine for now.

I guess I will never quite nail down the model that I have. Thanks for the responses that I got.

Your photos look just like my Noblet Artist, including the trill keys and the tenon cap.
What material is the barrel - wood or not? (mine isn't)

I guess we were all waiting for Steve to show up. He is the expert in this area.

Noblet Model

Looks like a Noblet Model 45 to me. I have one that Steve Sklar re-padded for me and it looks the same from what I can see in the photos.

Noblet 45? with a 4 digit serial number

I have a wood NOBLET "ND" diamond shape as pictured on clarinetperfection as the 62-90 emblem. This one has a 4 digit number with no letter...the number is the same on both body sections...75XX....it is all wood, the case is odd shaped tan cloth covering with black leatherette binding around ends and at the latch areas. Looks 50-ish or maybe 60-ish.

Any ideas as to the age ??

Thanks
ICEMAN

Last edited:
Leblanc Noblet

Are you sure there are only four numbers in the serial number? If there are five numbers then you may have a 1968 Model 45 Noblet. Sometimes the numbers are stamped very lightly and one at the end is faint.

Noblet Artist

I have a 1973 Noblet Artist (which = a Leblanc 45), serial number A39780.
Got it from my mom when I was 9. I’ve been playing it for 37 years now.
It’s in good shape still, only upgraded with a B45 mouthpiece and a Selmer Moennig barrel.

Back
Top Bottom