Ligature Sizing

Discussion in 'Ligatures' started by panrixx, Dec 3, 2013.

1. panrixx

panrixx

Excuse the ignorance of this question but I am a complete novice - bought my s/h Clarinet last week. I have a Vandoren 5RV mouthpiece on a Artley 18s Prelude Bb Clarinet.

I wanted to know if a Eb - Mib ligature (BG Super Revelation model number L8 SR) would fit, or is it just too small?

The reason I ask is that I have the option to get one at a fraction of it's RRP.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Tags:
  2. Carl H.

Carl H. Distinguished Member Distinguished Member

For a standard hard rubber Bb clarinet mouthpiece, an Eb clarinet ligature will not fit.

3. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

...except for my universal ligature, the Reedwrap. Inexpensive, fits all mouthpieces, from Ab clarinet on down to contra-bass (as long as you get one for the contra-bass in the first place), plays like string, adjusts like a slip ligature…and it looks pretty cool in the bargain.

I sell a soprano clarinet one (fits anything from soprano to sopranino) for $7.00 and change.

Maybe I should start sending everyone email like some guy did for a woodwind quintet based upon my email from this website?

Nah, too much trouble…

TrueTone likes this.
  4. retread

retread

And where can they be found?

5. GKern

GKern

How do I get one? PM me if you like...

6. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

7. panrixx

panrixx

Is there more to your design than narrow double sided velcro?

8. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

Sorry to disappoint, but no. You can do a search on the patent number for more information if you are interested. (I don't do any marketing as I've had too much going on otherwise, plus I was under a prohibition not to have an outside business for many years following the changes during the Reagan administration.)

As for the composition, "Velcro" is a trade name, so I've never used that. However, yes, what I've produced is a very narrow hook and loop fastener, with a flexible fabric base. So, it resembles Velcro, albeit with a different base material.