Lombard Il. Rick Sayre

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Has anybody here ever heard of Rick Sayre? I bumped into a guy, (didn't write his name down) formerly from Chicago, who told me that Rick was doing mouthpiece work and barrels too. I hear Rick was a student of Kaspar.

Does anybody know anything about him, his work or his prices?

I've talked to Rick a couple of times. By all accounts he makes nice mouthpieces and does some of the best work in the Chicago area. He did study with Kaspar.

If you need something specific from him let me know. I live about 15 minutes from his shop.

He did a complete overhaul of my Buffet R-13 a few years ago. Excellent work, and a really nice guy. Judging from the signed pictures on his wall, he works for a lot of top flight symphony types. I'm not sure if he works on saxes. All I saw were piccolos, flutes, clarinets, oboes, and couple English horns and bassoons.

IIRC, my clarinet work was about $300.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a barrel for my SML clarinet. I was wondering what he offered in barrels - design and prices.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't do anything with saxes. We mostly talked about mouthpiece design and stuff like that.

He's a very nice guy - I would give him a call on the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom