Looking for a lead sheet

SOTSDO

Old King Log
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I'm looking for a lead sheet (lyrics, piano line and chords) for a tune called Mr. Monotone. It's a female vocal about her boyfriend, a trombone player (note the rhyming potential), with a couple of choruses, a solo break, and a final vocal chorus.

I heard it on XM Radio, on their 40's channel, but have had no success in contacting them.

I've searched all of the online sources at this point, without even a hint of success. Can anyone help me with my quest?

Could it be http://www.last.fm/music/Stan+Getz/_/Sa ... ma+Nota+So ("One Note Samba")? There are lyrics for it. Nothing about a trombone player ....

I found mention of "Mr. Monotone" regarding a record on this website. Note that it's in Portugese.

What's the style of music, beyond "1940's"? Jazz, samba, etc.? Was there mention of a composer or group? When did you hear it?

===========

Others: according to a playlist, XM Radio played "The Book of Love" by The Monotones. Lyrics are HERE.

===========

Interactive XM Radio guide is at http://www.xmfan.com/guide.php. Might help you if you think that the title was something slightly different.

I'm not certain about the title, since the XM Radio head was set to the GPS system at the time. I know that it wasn't One Note Samba, as I'm quite familiar with that one. Nor was it Johnny One Note.

It was a female vocal in standard big band format, two choruses, followed by a solo break, and then a chorus at the end. 1940's style music, with what sounded like at least 5334 instrumentation. Also, typical dopey, "cutesy" lyrics. The 'Mr. Monotone' in question was a trombone player, but the solo break was either trumpet or sax.

I've tried the "direct to the host" email system on XM, but haven't heard anything back yet (it is the weekend, after all). Still, if there was a recording of it, you would think that something would turn up on the internet, just from searching on the lyric.

I haven't had this much trouble since I tried to find a lead sheet for In These Shoes.

Back
Top Bottom