Metal (aka silver) Clarinets

Here's a pic below. It doesn't look as bad in person. Sorry, it's not a "Chedeville Paris" as I'd remembered. It's a "Greville Paris". The engraving is very small. No serial # that can be found. From what I can get via search, it's a US Military import from France. Nothing I can find as to the original maker. It looks like Noblet stencil. That's a best guess. Plays in tune and sounds like, well... a clarinet ;-)

IMG_0945.jpg

The "up end" Selmer horns all have the separate barrel, as seen in the gorgeous photos of the horns above. The key on Selmers is to look for the fluted barrel; that's the indicator.

I've decided that I'll look around a bit for a Bb Selmer barrel, but if I can't find one, I'll shoot for a complete horn and scavenge the part that way.

Just now, there is a metal Selmer HS* mouthpiece on sale on eBay. The owner is asking $500 or so in American money for it.

I made a $125 offer, but the offer was immediately rejected. It will be interesting to see if the item moves, or if I later get an offer to purchase at my price.

Too bad, all in all - it's even the right facing...

Just now, there is a metal Selmer HS* mouthpiece on sale on eBay. The owner is asking $500 or so in American money for it.

I made a $125 offer, but the offer was immediately rejected. It will be interesting to see if the item moves, or if I later get an offer to purchase at my price.

Too bad, all in all - it's even the right facing...
My metal Slemer HS* mouthpiece plays for crap so I use a newer one and just show the original one.

orsi silver clarinet

The orsi silver clarinet actually It's very expensive produced, it's
2300 euros concerning the one piece body silver and 13000 euros the detachable model

If you're looking for a date for that one, it's about mid-1920's.

I'm rather surprised it's at $557 US, especially as it needs, well, EVERYTHING. There's also the patch on the neck. And the strong possibility of high pitch.

Back
Top Bottom