More wishful thinking...

Discussion in 'Eb Alto Clarinet' started by SOTSDO, Aug 9, 2011.

1. SOTSDO

SOTSDO Old King Log Staff Member CE/Moderator

Tags:
  2. tictactux

tictactux Distinguished Member Distinguished Member

Must be a severe case of insomnia that drives Terry through Alto auctions... :emoji_astonished:

3. Steve

Steve Clarinet CE/Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

he must have a stash of closet condition altos at his house, he's just making us all believe otherwise. :p

4. JfW

JfW

Maybe Terry's drunk?

I got no other theories..........

:eek:

Also, he's got me casually following alto's, from which I gathered the following:

1) Bundy Altos go for quite a bit more than a Vito. Never played em so i wouldn't know why, but I do prefer the Vito Sopranos to the Bundy's....which means nothing.

2) Here's a finished auction for a "Pro" Alto: http://cgi.ebay.com/Buffet-Professi...908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0c269984 ...as if firewood really needs such a designation.

5. SOTSDO

It's the eBay search function...

...whereby "Selmer clarinet" turns up all sorts of clarinets, Selmer and otherwise. There may be more there as well, however.

Somewhere, there is a person who majored in alto clarinet performance. They will probably never admit it in public, but I bet someone is out there...

6. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

If you're talking alto and soprano clarinets, I can't think of a reason why this'd be the case. It's true that Vito bass/alto clarinets do occasionally have some odd (patented) keywork. That might be it.

In this case, I don't know how old this particular alto is, so I have no idea as to what the value is. Just based on seeing how sharp the Selmer stamp is in the upper joint would lead me to believe that it's not very old -- but you can always get a gold crayon and renew the stamp.

Terry does point out an awful lot of alto clarinet auctions, tho.

7. SOTSDO

I'm like the crack dealer - I don't use the stuff myself, but I do push it onto others, just for the sheer malice of it all...

8. Steve

Steve Clarinet CE/Moderator Staff Member CE/Moderator

yeah, we heard you threw an alto clarinet into a local texas computing center recently ...

9. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Terry, you were the prime suspect in the recent WF downage on Facebook. Witness this thread kidnapped from that forum... ;)

10. SOTSDO

Total hokum...

If there is one thing that I will never, ever, EVER own, it is an alto clarinet. So, the idea of me tossing one anywhere, much less changing a reed on one, is beyond belief.

Having someone else do the tossing for me (with their instrument or someone else's), is another thing entirely...