My new Selmer K-Series

Discussion in 'Selmer Paris' started by TrueTone, Apr 9, 2016.

1. TrueTone

TrueTone Clarinet, Sax, Oboe, History

So I bought another Clarinet recently on ebay, believing it was in Bb, and it came in yesterday, it plays well as is.
    Now, I brought it to Clarinet Choir rehearsal, and found out that it's in the key of A by holding it next to a 1910 Buffet A to compare the logos, as they are very similar looking logos. Thankfully I play Bass in there, so I didn't make a very bad dissonance.
    Serial #K171x, and has an Articulated G#. I'll take pictures of it soon. (which may be tomorrow)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Tags:
  2. TrueTone

...or it might be over a month later. Well here's a few pictures of it in it's case, alone, and with my Series 9 Bb.
    And also a photo of the "repair kit" with it that is probably from around the same time period it was made
    Selmer A 1.jpg Selmer A 2.jpg Selmer A 3.jpg Selmer A 4.jpg Selmer A 5.jpg

3. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Do you have much call for an A clarinet? Maybe you'll have to join the local orchestra? :)

4. TrueTone

Well I'm in the local youth orchestra, I just haven't gotten a part for an A Clarinet, so I'm being prepared, even if I usually am on Bass Clarinet in there. The fact that it was under $200 helped a bit, too. (Of course, it's still very leaky, but that's what I get for buying a Clarinet that hasn't been played in a few decades at least.)

5. TrueTone

I've gotten this overhauled since I made this (well, earlier this month) and got it back from the repairman today, and I have to say- this has a GREAT tone, possibly better than my S9. Intonation's not as good though.