Mystery Woodwind ID

thing 2.jpg thing 1.jpg

anyone????

It's about...8, maybe 9 inches long. I am totally (as in *totally* ) at a loss.

I tried the Google Image Search and came up with a picture of a dead animal (seriously!) as being "visually similar."

Flute of some kind? The pics are really small, so I can't see much detail. Is it one piece?

Tough to tell for sure, but it looks suspiciously like the sort of decorative "souvenir" flute that well-meaning relatives bring me from their vacations, that feature a "Made in China" sticker even if the trip was to Peru.

I should clarify what I meant by my previous post: there are "souvenir-quality" instruments that seem to be meant to resemble some specific real-life instrument, and some that are invented from whole cloth purely as souvenir items, not based on the design of any instrument in particular. From the (small) pictures, my best guess is that this is one of the latter.

gotcha, & that's a perfectly reasonable, plausible theory; sticker is- that this thing is part of a collection along with a whole other lot of exceptional quality late 1800's early- mid 1900's ethnic instruments. I was asked to ID it by someone else, & im pestering them for a larger photo. I know that it's hollow, with holes in it, but I dont know if it plays yet. We had also thought that it was a shaker of some kind, with holes to put in dry rice, pebbles, whatever...the plot thickens, stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom