New Chinese Instruments

tictactux

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
While idly browsing for things similar to those I already have, I noticed that our friends from mainland China are planning beyond the "cheap CSO" - I find no other explanation for auctions like these (no affiliation whatsoever):
www.ebay.com/itm/110877298484 or http://www.ebay.com/itm/140563222894.
Now these articles aren't exactly cheap, and either face fierce competition (former) or not in high demand (latter).

Any idea what's simmering here?

The only thing I can really think of is that Ahmerukans, at least, will see something priced way too low and automatically assume it's junk, so if you price it higher, maybe more people will buy it. I'm actually serious about this comment. One of the things I've noticed in the US car market is that Hyundai and Kia made cars that they were always trying to compare with Hondas, as in, "A cheaper substitute that's equally as good." Over the past couple years, they've come out with some pricier "top o' the line" models and ... they sell really, really well, now. Which is somewhat unfortunate for me, because I wanted to buy a used Hyundai Genesis sedan in a couple years, but they're now too expensive.

I like the statement

Our clarinets are made of the ebony wood. they have been processed in special ways to make it easier to play on than a metal clarinets.

Mmmm,

Oh my! Don't the Chinese realize we already have more lamp bases than we could possibly ever use.

clarinetlamp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom