New material discovered...

tictactux

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
...leather from my decommissioned wallet (the coin compartment disintegrated).

Excellent stuff. Thin, tough, ultra-flexible, smooth on one side, suede-y on the other.
Part of my wallet is now used at a body-mounted floor peg, in lieu of gasket cork between joint and metal peg brace.

Did you know how many square inches of finest leather are hidden in a simple wallet?
I'm now contemplating leather-covering certain touchpieces of an instrument of mine, starting with the thumb hook. Or maybe for silencing metal-on-metal action where not much friction is involved. Wherever ultrasuede is used...

(I should add that I had my wallet in my jeans' butt pocket for the better part of 10 years)

I have tried a few different leathers including from a waller that I think is similar to what you describe. Personally I haven't yet found a place where there isn't another material I prefer instead. Re "Wherever ultrasuede is used..." I haven't found any place where I like to use ultrasuade either and always prefer another material instead, either as a bumper or for linkages.

Your wallet lasted 10 years! Mine barely make it beyond a couple of years at the most (and no, I don't buy the shoddy ones thank you.). ;)

I guess mine get undue wear and tear considering how often I seem to be taking it in and out of my pocket lately. :(

I have only been getting two or three years out of my all-ett but I will never go back to a standard wallet as long as they are around.

ok .. they're thin .. until you put stuff in it. I make sure there's little in mine ..though that's not hard to do lately.
Nope, they are 1/4 the thickness of a standard wallet and easily too! Everyone I show this to is impressed.
Can I ban Gandalfe now? Please?
Nope. Just because you can doesn't mean you may. ;)

Back
Top Bottom