New Recordings of Roger's Music

Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
New Recordings of my music have been added to my pages at Facebook, Myspace, and the American Music Center. Use the links below.

Baltimore Rowhouse is an extended piece that uses a sextet with violin, alto sax, piano, guitar, bass, and drums. The music goes through a series of moods and settings. Serial techniques are used in the writing in ways so it does not sound atonal.

The other new recordings are tangos -- New Tango No. 2: Mystery, New Tango No. 3: Attraction, and Uxmal at Midnight. They were done with violin, keyboards (accordion patch), guitar, bass, and drums. The idea was to get as close as possible to the sound of a traditional tango band. Of course, my tangos are not exactly traditional. :)

Please give them a listen.

The musicians on the recordings are: Amy Leonard, violin; Jason Shapiro, alto sax; Jeff Knoettner, keyboards; E. Shawn Qaissaunee, guitar; Peter McCarthy, bass; Skip Rohrich,drums. All of them are in the Phila area.

Here's a link to my Facebook music page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...46746828703970

Roger

Back
Top Bottom