Newbie trying to make Native American Flutes

Greetings All: I am a newbie to making and or playing flutes, specifically Native American Flutes. I am of recent making one out of 1" PVC and things progressed pretty well even up through tuning until I got to the 6th hole and find it to be rather trickey. It seems to have trickey overblow characteristics on that hole and I am covering only the 4th hole during the tuning of that hole and expect to play an F as this is a tenor flute as far as I know. Any tuning tips would be appreciated or other methods. The hole count begins from a makers point of view counting from the far end "south end" of the flute, not sure if I should mention that or not.

Hello pmalin,

I’m new here too. No one has acknowledged me yet. I suspect that this is a low traffic forum. I saw where a guy joined in 2016, and he still has zero responses

Very cool what you are doing! I have often thought about making a flute too.

Welcome!

Buddy

Welcome to both of you. I'd like to think what we lack in quantity is made up for in quality.

The Exotica section is kind of sparse, as most of us play "traditional woodwinds" (clarinet, sax, flute, with a smattering of double reed players).

Back
Top Bottom