Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Oh no! Not another Buffet bass clarinet info!

I apologize ahead for blitzing another thread of identifying question... I appreciate any info and education on my bass clarinet.

I have this Buffet bass clarinet I play growing up. Recently I realized I don't ANYTHING about it! I Googled it without much info, and wondering if anyone could shed some lights on it.

It has the usual Buffet Mark on the neck, with "Modele Buffet-Crampon." It's one piece (not upper and lower joint). It's not wood, and has a serial number "1938." I believe it's an upper intermediate model as I was told. But I did find a website indicating a Buffet serial number of 1938 is made in year 1928. Could that be accurate?

Anyhow, I thank anyone for any info. Good day.

http://www.woodwindforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/help-us-to-help-you.21021/

In other words, pictures are requested.

I can't think of a Buffet bass clarinet that was rubber or plastic. There are Evette bass clarinets that were. One-piece suggests either really old or plastic/rubber. Also note that Buffet bass clarinets -- unless very old -- don't use the same serial numbers as Bb (soprano) clarinets. In other words, I can't tell you much, but this may help you narrow things down a bit.

I look forward to seeing your pics.

Back
Top Bottom