P. Mauriat

Then our market must be messed up because the Cball prices here are only about $250 or $300 less than the Mauriat prices... I agree that they're good horns, but still a bit pricey in our market. If the prices are $1k out in Utah though, that's another thing entirely.

Branford only plays the Cannonball altos that I've seen, and even that isn't all the time. He did a local gig here back in early december and was playing a VI alto. He still plays Selmer and sometimes Yamaha sopranos and Selmer SBA tenor... Didn't see any other Cannonballs in his house a couple of months ago when I was over there for a lesson.

You said "Cheapest Mauriat is $3029, Highest Mauriat is $3599". Our store sells the Cannonball's in the $2400 range depending on the model and finish. That means the Cannonballs are $1000 less than the highest priced Mauriats, they don't sell for $1,000. I'm sorry you misunderstood what I wrote. Branford plays on a Vintage Cannonball Alto http://www.cannonballmusic.com/ He must have had to use his "backup" horn for that gig in December. :)

You said "Cheapest Mauriat is $3029, Highest Mauriat is $3599". Our store sells the Cannonball's in the $2400 range depending on the model and finish. That means the Cannonballs are $1000 less than the highest priced Mauriats, they don't sell for $1,000. I'm sorry you misunderstood what I wrote. Branford plays on a Vintage Cannonball Alto http://www.cannonballmusic.com/ He must have had to use his "backup" horn for that gig in December. :)

Miss typed, meant the $1k less. Is the $2400 tenors or alto's? All the pricing I listed was for tenors, spare the couple bari prices, but I'm a bari player and keep some of those price ranges off the top of my head.

In defense of PM saxophones, I recently attended a holiday concert at my grandson's studio. The new saxophone instructor was playing a new PM tenor and she sounded really nice on it. I queried the brand after the concert and she told me it was a PM (I didn't press for more info). She loved it. DAVE

I bought my P.M. several months ago and I LOVE it.

For me personally it plays great in all registers, nice full, round sound.

I look forward to playing it even more so than my tenor which is technically my main horn.

I played every horn / model I could find in the 2K-5K range and my P.M. just sang like nothing else I've ever played (including a Selmer Reference, Mark VI which is a go to horn for a lot of people)

However, I am a firm believer in finding the right horn for YOU. Play them and see what you think. It may be the best thing since sliced bread like it is for me or you might find it just doesn't feel the way you want it to.

As mentioned somewhere above the left hand palm keys are a little high, but now that I've been playing so much, I've grown used to it.

All-in-all ... if you are in the market, I definitely suggest checking them out.

(I own a P.M. PMXA-67RX)

Back
Top Bottom