Paetzold-by-Kunath (Square Basses)

Anyone playing Paetzold flutes (recorders) out there in the English-speaking world?

Here is a quickie video I did for a friend who was asking me how I played a high A on my contrabass. (Not that you really need this note, but one never knows.)

Best wishes,

-K

These have an incredibly interesting sound. However, in the videos I watched, the clicking from the keywork was louder than the notes it was playing :D.

Looks like they're popular. I saw a few YouTube videos. There are definitely English-speaking players.

Yeah, was just a quicky made for a friend who was wondering about a fingering chart of mine. They do have loud keywork for the most part. Musicians using them for contemporary works (a category to which I do not belong) love this aspect.

One of my favorite musicians is St. Vincent. On one of her earlier songs, Marrow, off the top of my head, but one of the backup folks plays tenor sax and I'm pretty sure that the player has an older Selmer professional horn. It clicks and clacks enough that it seriously distracts me.

There's an earlier version that I currently can't find and it's much worse. There really isn't an excuse for a tenor to sound like that.

Back
Top Bottom