Dismiss Notice
I hate the colors. What do I do?

At the far bottom of the page, on the left, is a menu or link that says, "Forum Default." Click on that and choose a different Style.

Pete's Corner of the World

Discussion in 'Pete's Computer Corner' started by Gandalfe, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Gandalfe

Gandalfe Admin and all around good guy. Staff Member Administrator

This moving time-lapse of the 2014 Arizona Monsoon should only be watched on a large screen with a decent sound system. Pete, this is how I think of your corner of this blue marble.

https://vimeo.com/106827999

2. pete

pete Brassica Oleracea Staff Member Administrator

That was relaxing.

I used to live outside of Ft. Worth, Texas. The major difference between Phoenix and Ft. Worth -- regarding weather -- is that when you saw the towering, fluffy clouds late into the afternoon, you knew that you were going to get pounded with a heavy thunderstorm. In Phoenix? Probably less than 50% of the time you'll get a thunderstorm.

The single clouds dumping a ton of rain in just one place, which the video shows a lot of, happens all the time. It's one of the reasons why, when we had the big-time rainfalls a couple weeks back, some areas got an inch or two and other places got a little more than six inches.

I was actually a bit happy that they showed a couple urban areas in the video. We're not just cacti and scorpions out here.

Our staff's websites: