Plateau Clarinets

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Steve!!! Did I tell you every time I pull out that plateau keyed clarinet you sold me people marvel at it's sound? Many sax players toy with the idea of going that way if they are going to add clarinet to their expertise list. Good to see you here my friend! We need to get a repair section for you to play with. :cool:

Re: Be A Community

Michael - Troy butts right up against Royal Oak .. just a short drive away. I usually take my kids to the parks there in the summer time.

Next time you are up here you are going to have to give me a call ....

G - I've got another one of the Plateau clarinets waiting for my kids to get older. I may go searching for a full wood Normandy one though - i have a plastic Normandy right now.

I haven't played a Normandy in quite awhile. I remember it being kinda plain.

How 'bout a Yamaha YCL-34? I really liked that axe.

In plauteaus there's limited makers - such as Normandy, Noblet, and a couple others.

Personally, I haven't really tried yamaha clarinets. I know they have great intonation, build, et all ... one of these days I may get one. I hear good things about their Custom CSG? line too.

(We may have to split off the discussion and move this to the clarinet area.)

First, please forgive. I thought the point was to add plateau keys to a clarinet. I misread. I blame it on the drugs.

Second, many years ago, I started going through clarinets again and the Yamahas impressed me. That YCL-34 impressed me as much as a pro Selmer. (With a decent mouthpiece, that is.)

If the Yamaha Custom clarinets are similar to the Yamaha Custom saxophones, I'd assume that they are very, very special instruments.

Back
Top Bottom